Are you a care worker or nurse working in a care home in Yorkshire and Humber?
This day is for you.
This exciting day will enable care home staff to explore the factors that affect the recognition of residents who are deteriorating and their care.
The programme will include:
- Why residents deteriorate
- How to recognise deterioration and what to do if a resident becomes unwell
- What information is effective when communicating with the ambulance service, hospitals, GPs and community teams
- Some tools to support you in your work
- How to improve teamwork in your care home
- Opportunities to network and share your ideas and experiences with like-minded people
- Sir Andrew Phillips, Medical Director, Vale of York CCG
- Michelle Carrington, Executive Director of Quality and Nursing, Vale of York CCG
- Dr Ali Cracknell, Clinical Lead PSC, Consultant Geriatrician, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Lizzie Hancock, Care Home Manager, Fulford Nursing Home, York
- Clare Ashby, Head of Safety, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
The workshop is free to attend* and lunch and refreshments will be provided. This day can be used towards revalidation.
To book a place, please contact Jane Hudson, Project Coordinator, email: Academy@yhahsn.nhs.uk
* A cancellation charge of £50 may apply if less that 48 hours’ notice is given.