The Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network’s 2018 award nominations are officially open.
The awards, which recognise outstanding contributions to improving healthcare in the region, will be presented on Wednesday 31st January 2018 during the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN’s Innovation, Improvement and Impact Conference at the Royal Armouries in Leeds.
Entries from NHS partner organisations, industry and academic partners are welcome.
There are six award categories including:
- Patient Safety Achievement
- Performance through Partnership
- Improving Care through Innovation or Improvement
- Using Technology to Improve Efficiency
- Best example of Adoption and Diffusion
- Best Patient Driven Innovation/Improvement/Collaboration.
Last year’s Innovation, Improvement and Impact Conference was incredibly popular with over 200 delegates attending.
The winners of the 2017 awards were:
- Leeds Children’s Hospital – winner of the Patient Safety Achievement Award for their S.A.F.E project.
- Yorkshire and Humber NHS Genomic Medicine Centre – winner of the Best Example of Adoption and Diffusion Award.
- Maldaba Ltd – winner of the Performance through partnership award for their My Health Guide App for Adults with Learning Disabilities.
- South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – winner of the Improving Care through Innovation Award for their A Lifeline for Women in Forensic Services programme.
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust- winner of the Using Technology to Improve Efficiency Award for their project Advanced Web Based Pre-Operative Assessment to Improve Quality and Efficiency.
- Recovery Enterprises – winner of the Best Patient Driven Innovation/Improvement/Collaboration Award for their project Flourish.
The Innovation, Improvement and Impact Conference and Awards provides an opportunity for healthcare professionals and industry colleagues to learn more about the work of the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN, highlighting the benefits it is delivering both locally and nationally.
The event will feature keynote speakers and delegates will also be able to listen to presentations detailing key projects before being invited to visit the Ready Now Innovation Expo. This features innovators who are developing solutions that can support the challenges of delivering sustainability and transformation.
Richard Stubbs, CEO of the Yorkshire and Humber AHSN said: ‘’I am incredibly excited to see what developments there have been over the last year from NHS organisations and academic and industry partners and are looking forward to recognising and celebrating their dedication and hard work.”
The deadline for award nominations is 5pm on Friday 8th December.
For further information about the conference and to submit award nominations please click here.