In 2019 we launched Propel@YH, the first digital health accelerator programme in the region.
This is delivered in partnership with mHabitat and provides innovative organisations developing digital health solutions with access to a structured course of support and advice. It is aimed at helping the business cohort to navigate the NHS, whilst enabling accelerated company growth and increased market presence.
The course lasts six months and provides support including:
- Masterclasses covering human-centred design, clinical safety by design, understanding procurement in the NHS and other key topics.
- Digital innovator surgeries, a rolling programme to include pitch development with input from industry experts.
- Access to expert partner organisations including NHS providers and commissioners, primary and secondary care organisations, academic institutions and industry representatives.
- Developing a patient-centred, co-designed approach to your digital solution with input from patient representatives.
- Signposting and introductions to organisations who may be able to provide financial support.
- Other business essentials, such as expert mentoring and dedicated one-to-one support, covering topics such as marketing, legal, finance and more.
The six companies that were chosen to go on the programme are: Digibete, Healthcare Engineering, HeteroGenius, Medicsen, Medicspot and Scaled Insights.
It’s incredibly rewarding that the people behind Propel@YH recognise the opportunity to facilitate our aspirations to co-create ‘tech for good’ and help us on our journey.
We’re really excited to work in partnership with the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN to develop and deliver the Propel@YH programme. We have a strong working relationship and between us can add valuable support for digital health companies through our deep knowledge of the NHS along with expertise in co-design, compliance, regulation and how to develop digital tools and service feasible for use in the health sector.