We’re pleased to be supporting Sheffield Hallam University in hosting an event that will explore system leadership in health and social care.
The NHS England 10 year plan sets out a radical vision for Health and social care. At its heart is an aspiration first proposed in the Wanless Report (2004) to build a health and social care system where prevention of ill health is a core foundation alongside delivering excellent, treatment and care when it is needed. This may be the largest and most radical strategic reform in the history of the health and social care. However, the leadership required to deliver this radical vision differs fundamentally from traditional models of heroic leadership.
Key speakers include:
- Richard Wilkinson, Author of the Spirit Level
- John Edmonston, Author of Systems Leadership
- Michael Wood, NHS Confederation
- Dr Helen Kingston, Frome Medical Practice
- Janet Wheatley MBE, CEO, Voluntary Action, Rotherham
- Richard Ellis, NHS Leadership Academy
- Des Breen, Medical Director, South Yotkshire & Bassetlaw ICS
- Greg Fell, Director of Public Health, Sheffield.
This event will cover a range of topics including:
- Understand the national vision for health and social care and the implications for your service.
- Discover the nature of system leadership for a radically different health and social care system with prevention at its heart.
- Understand how professional leadership needs to change to ensure operational success.
- Learn how public health is playing a greater role in creating the foundations for health and wellbeing.
- Hear case studies of how social prescribing can be delivered at scale to maintain health, improve quality of life and prevent emergency admissions.
In the afternoon, delegates will have the opportunity to actively participate in a series of Think Tanks, where you will work collaboratively with leading experts to develop the vision of a health and social care system based on the determinants of health.
You can read the full agenda here.
If you would like to attend the conference you can register here.