An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Programme Managers to join the Innovation and Implementation team at the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN).
- Job Grade NHS 8a equivalent up to £48,034 pa
- 18 month contract (Until March 2018)
- Flexible approach to recruitment will be considered either via secondment or fixed term contract.
The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN is one of fifteen AHSNs across England, established by NHS England in 2013 to spread innovation at pace and scale – improving health and generating economic growth.
As the only bodies that connect the NHS and academic organisations, local authorities, the third sector and industry, we are catalysts that create the right conditions to facilitate change across whole health and social care economies, with a clear focus on improving outcomes for patients.
This means we are uniquely positioned to identify and spread health innovation at pace and scale; driving the adoption and spread of innovative ideas and technologies across large populations.
The Programme Managers will play a critical role in the delivery of the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN programmes and projects with day-to-day management responsibility for delivery, problem solving and forward planning.
They will provide leadership, deploying the skills and aptitude to manage a diverse range of activities and to engage with multifarious stakeholders (including senior clinicians, academics and mangers) and to oversee performance against target.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual able to take a lead role in a complex, multi-professional organisation, with exemplary communication, negotiation and personal organisation skills. To thrive in this environment, you will need to be flexible, adaptable, hard-working, able to work autonomously and use your initiative whilst working in a team.
This role is accountable to the Head of Programmes and is based at our Head office at Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ. The salary is in line with AFC 8a pay grade equivalent up to £48,034 for non-NHS staff
Summary Job Functions
- Work closely with senior officers and other clinical colleagues, academics and managers to scope, design and deliver key projects
- Lead projects as directed by the Head of Programmes and Chief Operating Officer
- Develop detailed documents, plans and resource allocations for projects
- Produce regular and detailed performance reports for all projects for the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN Board and stakeholders
- Work with member organisations to develop business propositions, resource bids and grant applications
- Design and organise conferences and facilitate workshops in support of projects being managed
- Maintain all project documentation ready for review and audit
- Actively work as a team member, contributing to initiatives that aim to improve the effectiveness of the team and organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Professional or management qualification or relevant experience
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Working knowledge of the NHS
- Understanding of service or quality improvement methodologies.
Please contact Dr Stephen Stericker via email on Stephen.email@example.com for further information regarding these positions.
Please click here for full job description details
Closing date for application 19th August 2016
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Victoria Hilton via email Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org
Provisional interview date 9th September 2016