The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN had a very busy and exciting year in 2019. Working with our partners, we have helped improve the lives of patients across the region.
Here are a few of our successes:
- Our Yorkshire Safety Huddles programme has helped avoid 2467 falls, many of which would have had life changing consequences for the people involved.
- More than 1,600 patients have avoided being readmitted to hospital after eight Trusts adopted our Transfer of Care Around Medicines programme, saving the NHS nearly £16 million.
- 3,500 patients have reduced their risk of having a heart attack or stroke as a result of our joint Healthy Hearts initiative with West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership.
- Our ESCAPE-pain programme has helped over 700 people manage their joint pain.
- By encouraging take-up of the Heartflow procedure, over 390 patients have avoided angiograms, saving the NHS over £711,000.
- We’ve helped over 340 industry innovators engage with NHS organisations.
- And we’ve supported bids that have secured £46.5 million of investment for digital health infrastructure in our region.
Take a look at our animation below that explores just some of the work we have completed in 2019 to transform lives through innovation.
We are proud of what we have achieved but we couldn’t do it without the continued help and support of our partners, and we look forward to working with you in 2020.
Please get in touch if you’d like more information about any of the programmes featured in the animation or if there are any challenges and opportunities you would like to discuss with us.