The National Patient Safety Collaborative intends to leave a legacy in academic rigour and continuing to build capability to address quality and safety standards.
The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN is offering support to a small number of post graduate students in the region to undertake full or part-time courses with a clear patient safety focus, starting in 2017.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants should work in the healthcare sector (NHS) and be based in the Yorkshire and Humber region
- Have recent experience of working in patient safety or a quality improvement environment
- Be engaged with or connected to the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN Patient Safety Collaborative programme or be able to demonstrate how their experience aligns to the work of the collaborative in the region, including the new national focuses of maternity, safety culture or deteriorating patients
- Have the support of their employers to be released to undertake study (full or part-time) where needed
- Have a degree in a healthcare related subject or a relevant clinical professional or managerial qualification
- Show an aptitude for becoming leaders in patient safety
- Meet both the university criteria and Yorkshire & Humber AHSN Patient Safety Collaborative criteria before seeking funding
- Applicants must also be willing to share their academic journey with the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN throughout the period of funding
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 18 September.
Further information is available on this flyer