We’re proud to announce that our partnership with Doc Abode and Local Care Direct has been shortlisted for a prestigious HSJ Partnership of the Year Award.
Doc Abode is a platform that enables requests for out of hours home visits to be responded to by clinicians based on their availability, proximity and expertise. It was developed by Dr Taz Aldawoud.
Yorkshire & Humber AHSN has supported Dr Aldawoud and the development of the Doc Abode for several years, initially through our Proof of Concept programme in 2016. This was followed by pathway modelling trials and a successful application to the SBRI Healthcare’s GP of the Future call.
Doc Abode was successfully trialled in Leeds and Huddersfield in partnership with Local Care Direct (LCD), West Yorkshire’s urgent primary care provider. An independent academic evaluation demonstrated improved patient outcomes through a more responsive service model and shorter waiting times.
In addition, the work that we enabled with Healthy.io. and Modality Partnership has also been recognised and shortlisted in the Primary Care Innovation of the Year category. This involves a smartphone home albumin screening programme for people with diabetes.
We’d like to congratulate all the organisations across Yorkshire and the Humber that have been shortlisted for these prestigious HSJ Awards including:
- Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust (Acute Sector Innovation of the Year, Connecting Services and Information Award, Patient Safety Award and Mental Health Provider of the Year)
- Spectrum Community Health CIC (Acute Sector Innovation of the Year)
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (Acute or Specialist Service Redesign Initiative – North/Midlands/East and Digitising Patient Services Initiative)
- Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (Acute or Specialist Service Redesign Initiative – North/Midlands/East, Patient Safety Award, Workforce Initiative of the Year and Digitising Patient Services Initiative)
- Hull Clinical Commissioning Group (Community or Primary Care Service Redesign – North/Midlands/East)
- North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (Connecting Services and Information Award)
- North of England Commissioning Support (Connecting Services and Information Award and Health and Local Government Partnership Award)
- Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (Freedom to Speak Up Organisation of the Year)
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and PA Consulting Group (HSJ Partnership of the Year and Reservist Support Initiative Award)
- East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (Health and Local Government Partnership Award)
- Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group (Patient Safety Award)
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Reservist Support Initiative Award)
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Staff Engagement Award)
- Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council (System Led Support for Carers Award)
- West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership (System Led Support for Carers Award)
- Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group and Attain (System Leadership Initiative of the Year)
- Humber, Coast and Vale Mental Health Partnership (System Leadership Initiative of the Year)
The winners will be announced on 6th November 2019 at a ceremony at Battersea Evolution, London.
Good luck to everyone who has been nominated.