We are working closely with the evolving Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STP) footprints to:
- Provide decision support, evidence synthesis and population intelligence to underpin the developing plans.
- Support programme leadership, cross-STP learning and provide horizon scanning for new opportunities and examples of regional/national best practice.
STPs are a critical delivery vehicle for the triple aims of the Five Year Forward View (FYFV). The expertise in the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN provides unique and bespoke support for these ambitious programmes of work.
How are we helping?
Our range of existing programmes is ready to provide support to STP programmes. In addition, we are acting as a critical partner, offering a range of support functions including developmental evaluation support, applied implementation science, programme leadership and management. We are also working in partnership with Public Health England (PHE) North and NHS England (North) to provide region-wide support.
As part of this programme:
- A bespoke evaluation framework will be developed in collaboration with the individual Vanguard sites accessing Yorkshire & Humber AHSN support
- We will implement an action learning approach to the whole system thinking with senior STP leaders
- Sites within STPs will act as coordinated pilot sites implementing innovative technologies
- We will facilitate learning events to raise awareness and support the spread of good practice
- The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN will provide a person to engage directly in the STP planning process and respond to the implementation process as that develops.
We will help the STP teams:
- To develop models that can demonstrate their efficacy and sustainability through a robust process of evidence and evaluation
- STP development in Yorkshire and Humber will benefit from access to the very latest proven innovations and approaches.
AHSN support will enable STPs to:
- Develop and implement a conceptual framework for evaluating their ongoing impact
- Access independent ‘honest broker’ support to mediate the whole system thinking across multiple stakeholders
- Identify innovative technologies that aim to support STPs to implement new care models.